What we like and dislike about TechJini – Joys and pains of working with TechJini (a start up or small company)
January 20, 2009
Right from the heart, this is what we ‘jinies’ (I just invented that term 🙂 ) have to say about life at TechJini.
So here is what we like and what we would like to change:
- Exposure – We get exposed to different kind of work, something we will get to do in 2 years in a big organization we get to do it in first few months only. – Nuwas
- Good Learning – With so many new projects and all with different technology there are new challenges and lot to learn almost every day. – Akshi
- More responsibility – Our work is not limited to what is assigned and just coding or testing or designing. We do almost everything and very early in our career. – Everyone
- Different technologies – Exposure to different technologies and very easy to shift/learn. We get all the help but are also encouraged and showed how to do quick self learning. This acts as a big confidence boost. – Vipindas
- Flexible timings – Flexible working hours in true sense. No enforcement of mandatory working hours, can work from home, if I work on holiday I am given a compensatory off or cash – Everyone
- Friendly environment – Very very friendly environment, there are no bosses (absolutely no hierarchy), feels like a small family, even policies are made after open discussions – Everyone
- Technical Challenges – We get to face more technical challenges which is making us better programmers. – Everyone
- Neelima – Very friendly and helpful person, someone we will not have anywhere else – Sapna
- No bureaucracy or politics – Cant be more democratic and fair then in TechJini – Everyone
- Open to do whatever I want – I get enough opportunity, time and space to do whatever I want other than my regular work. I was able to finish a certification (which company is happy to pay for) and I can interact with everyone in the company – Arun
- No bench – We have never seen anyone without work. There is absolutely no bench and so many product ideas to work on.
- My product – Only place where I am encouraged and given full opportunity to work on my own idea and the best part is I don’t have to work alone, everyone in the company will work on my idea.
- Formal corporate culture – Culture here is too relaxed, we are serious in what we do but we do not get to see a very formal corporate culture which also has lot to teach.
- Brand Name – All the benefits of working for a big brand name.
- Company conveyance – hmm…. 🙂
- 6 days a week – Sometimes it pinches that our friends are having fun but we work on Saturdays too. Even though we do not do regular work (extra learning or activities) but still.
- Good Office building – We need to move to an attractive address soon, guys are finding it difficult to call prospective in-laws 😉
- Website – NEED to change website.
– Website changed 🙂
Update (3rd June 2011):
Saw this post after such a long time 🙂
– We changed to 5 days a week almost 1.5years back
– We also shifted to a good office. And will soon shift to another bigger office.