Visualizr – Yahoo! Open Hack Day Bangalore, India
October 9, 2007
Over the weekend we went to the open yahoo! hack day at Bangalore ….and what……
Here are the ideas we thought of
- A service which will take your favorite blogs, your linked in profile or/and your favorite articles as input and create a mash-up of articles you might be interested in from Amazon or images from flickr or events from upcoming. Will also try to make a guess as to what kind of person you are.
- Visualizr, what we initially called as pic-story and the one we finally built.
- Travel Helper – Give us your travel dates and cities you are visiting and we will tell you what are the events happening during that time on those places and we will also show you interesting pictures from flickr taken in those cities so that you can decide what you want to do if you have free time.
- Tell us what you want to buy and we will give you all the relevant information. for e.g. items from different shopping sites, review sites, news, flickr etc
- Pictorial how to? Give us step by step procedure of creating or doing anything and we will return the same how with pictures to understand better.
Creating visualizr was fun and we really like the idea as it could actually be applied in lots of things like
- Make your own cards
- Build an ad campaign
- With more comprehensive image access a new way of communication
- Evolve as a How to tool? Ask 10 questions and see how Images can answer for you
- May give a whole new way of learning difficult concepts
- Or just brighten up your day
So what are you waiting for, go check it out