Steps For Publishing Application On Android Market
November 25, 2010
android android development android tips android tutorial mobile development techjini
Make your application non debuggable
- Remove the
attribute from the
element of the manifest.
- Remove log files, backup files, and other unnecessary files from the application project.
- Check for private or proprietary data and remove it as necessary.
Deactivate any calls to
<a href="http://developer.android.com/reference/android/util/Log.html"><span style="color: #eb613d"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><strong>Log</strong></span></span></a>
methods in the source code.
- Is in your possession
- Represents the personal, corporate, or organizational entity to be identified with the application
- Has a validity period that exceeds the expected lifespan of the application or application suite. A validity period of more than 25 years is recommended.
- If you plan to publish your application(s) on Android Market, note that a validity period ending after 22 October 2033 is a requirement. You can not upload an application if it is signed with a key whose validity expires before that date.
- Is not the debug key generated by the Android SDK tools.
Steps for creating the private key
- Set the following paths for the environmental varialbles JAVA_HOME: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20 PATH: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\bin(this value changes depending on where we have stored the jdk)
- Right click on the project and do the following Androidtools>export signed application>next>select create new keystore>next>next>finish.
- Open command prompt and type the following.Set the path to where the keystore is stored C:\Documents and Settings\bindu\Desktop>keytool -list -alias [aliasname] -keystore [keystorename]
- We now have obtained the fingerprint
- Now open the following link and enter the obtained finger print http://code.google.com/android/maps-api-signup.html
- Now we have the private key in your google account.
Register for a Maps API Key,if your application is using Map View elementIf your application uses one or more Mapview elements, you will need to register your application with the Google Maps service and obtain a Maps API Key, before your MapView(s) will be able to retrieve data from Google Maps. To do so, you supply an MD5 fingerprint of your signer certificate to the Maps service.
Obfuscating the code
We can use tools like ant and progaurd to obfuscate the code. Detailed steps for this is given in blog.
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/Licensing the application
After we finish all the above steps refer the following link to publish the application in the android market.